VOTE: Dirty liar or Reversion to Sneaky kid
I got to enjoy an emotion today that I had forgotten even existed.
2 weeks after Kyle said he'd install the new bedroom air conditioner (central air just doesn't quite cut it) he finally decided to tackle the job today. He spent about half an hour touring the basement and backyard finally using some of the tools he seems to desperatley need to own. That's another post however...
While he was making "man noise" in the back yard I decided to take a peek at the progress before getting into the shower.
The window, wide open (while the central air is on!), I had a mad compulsion to touch the cranky thing that makes it open. OCD aside I really needed to make it "go". I gingerly cranked it, honest, and the window starts sliding out of the track. In a split second my brain registered: "run! you never touched it. The wind musta done that! Ya, that's feasable! He should'nt have left it open on such a windy day!" Literally, as I ran and turned the shower on.
The entire shower was spent having nervous obsessive delusions about the window falling out and killing someone. Of course, they would have to be standing in the middle of my flower garden in 40 degree heat but hey! It could happen. Then I had to try and make the decision on what would the circumstance need to be for me to fess up. This all felt so familiar.....
Flashback to hmmmmm...2 broken vacumes, dent in the car, broken windows too many to count, extension cords run over with the lawnmower, bunch of hash on the kitchen table, stolen $, deadbolt broken on back door... you get the jist. Bottom line was "I f--ed up, run and plead ignorance!"
In the end, nothing happened. Air con in. Window stable. Admittedly I am enjoying the feeling of "hee hee I got away with it"
"It" of course being nothing in the long run. Should we be proud of ourselves that we can enjoy such a sneaky nothing or are we dirty liars? Torn. As juvinile as it feels I want it for a while longer. Shhhhh!
1 week later I confessed. He looked at me like I was on crack and had no idea what I was rambling about.
2 weeks after Kyle said he'd install the new bedroom air conditioner (central air just doesn't quite cut it) he finally decided to tackle the job today. He spent about half an hour touring the basement and backyard finally using some of the tools he seems to desperatley need to own. That's another post however...
While he was making "man noise" in the back yard I decided to take a peek at the progress before getting into the shower.
The window, wide open (while the central air is on!), I had a mad compulsion to touch the cranky thing that makes it open. OCD aside I really needed to make it "go". I gingerly cranked it, honest, and the window starts sliding out of the track. In a split second my brain registered: "run! you never touched it. The wind musta done that! Ya, that's feasable! He should'nt have left it open on such a windy day!" Literally, as I ran and turned the shower on.
The entire shower was spent having nervous obsessive delusions about the window falling out and killing someone. Of course, they would have to be standing in the middle of my flower garden in 40 degree heat but hey! It could happen. Then I had to try and make the decision on what would the circumstance need to be for me to fess up. This all felt so familiar.....
Flashback to hmmmmm...2 broken vacumes, dent in the car, broken windows too many to count, extension cords run over with the lawnmower, bunch of hash on the kitchen table, stolen $, deadbolt broken on back door... you get the jist. Bottom line was "I f--ed up, run and plead ignorance!"
In the end, nothing happened. Air con in. Window stable. Admittedly I am enjoying the feeling of "hee hee I got away with it"
"It" of course being nothing in the long run. Should we be proud of ourselves that we can enjoy such a sneaky nothing or are we dirty liars? Torn. As juvinile as it feels I want it for a while longer. Shhhhh!
1 week later I confessed. He looked at me like I was on crack and had no idea what I was rambling about.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home