November 07, 2006

Men and remotes.

Once I accepted the fact that I will never come between a man and a remote, the humor of the situation presented itself.
Many nights I've giggled the time away by screwing around with the remote while Kyle sleeps. He could be snoring for over an hour but if I touch the remote..."I'm watching that"!
"That" could be anything from the chanel chanel, a french cooking show or an Italian soap opera.
This past Saturday, mans ultimate loyalty/possessiveness toward the remote took a spectacular turn.
Sens game started at 7pm. I like hockey so no big deal. First commercial he hits the "last channel" button to see the highlights of all the other games. Something was different this time though. His flicking timing wasn't as smooth and natural as usual. I waited to see when he'd flick back and again, something was off.
I got up to take a peek and the #uck#r was out, finger on button, changing the chanel in his sleep. Unwritten rule in our house, once youre asleep the remote gets defaulted to the person awake. He somehow kept his ears awake in order to keep the freakin' flicker!
I managed to take a pic. without pissing myself laughing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home