Time to get in the "way back machine"

Robbie, Al and me. At Kenny's house.
The following are some OLD pics with drunken commentary from Pete. Hope you get a laugh.
Synopsis: Borrhaveners 1987: Pete's Pics
’86, ’87 was a year of discovery for our subjects. A year of new schools, new opportunities and new hair (largely pubic). A year when our subjects where unstoppable! A year when the discipline of self-manipulation became, no mere curiosity, but a pressing and urgent need and a need that would be fulfilled! The world was theirs to lose and…well…that’s another story.


These were taken over the summer holidays and features Jamie’s ‘Tree of Death’ (or something like that) from which he frequently jumped, to much applause, and ‘Fort Brewski’, the ruins of which would become my home for two weeks the following year. The summer of ’87 also marks, on the cliffs of Barrhaven, my own personal discovery of the passionate and unyielding lust for alcohol…that I still enjoy to this day.

a photo of Brett mere minutes after losing his virginity. This reminds me both of a small scandal involving a micro recording of some rather uninteresting fore-talk (“Come on baby, Ya gotta ‘cause I luuuuv you”, or some such) which circulated briefly and was than dubbed over, I believe with a Quiet Riot album, and that after 20 years, that chick still annoys me.


Our lost comrade Kevin demonstrating the inherent sexuality often overlooked in slippers, and Lesley, stoned on acid, sitting on ‘The Grill’…an evening that included the unlikely combination of Vikings, a China man, and more than a few pair of un-lased Kodiak work boots.
Thanks Pete!
The following will be my own add ins.

My best friend Al and I. Note the body language...you can touch me just don't touch me. I wonder if Mrs. Morissey still has that couch.

Pete for some reason unknown always appeared Asian when on acid. I'm going to guess Als' long face is the result of not having any that evening. If memory serves, we were at Kennys house, as on Friday his parents curled. It was dead of winter and Pete and I ended up sitting in the bus shelter outside Greenbank square for hours having lost all sense of time. We went across the road to the pizza place where he called his mum to come pick us up (not knowing it was 3am). She was rather quiet in the car. Later Pete said he got in trouble for keeping me out so late. Thankfully he didn't spill the beans that 'twas I who brought the acid.

Jamie groping Al. The look of disgust is spectacular.
From what I understand, there are more pics to be bounced around the net. For clarification on any of the subjects, please read older posts.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home